Friday, February 7, 2014

Greek Yogurt Cranberry & Pecan Chicken Salad


 Alright - we've made it to Friday! I finally tackled the chicken breast in my fridge. I was at the point where I ask myself: if I haven't used it yet, should I just freeze it? No easy outs for me today though - I jumped into action. Hands down, this is one of the easiest, quickest recipes I've ever made. It's completely assembled and ready to eat in 15-20 minutes. Using a pound of chicken, you'll likely have leftovers for lunch - an added plus!

I've been thinking about greek yogurt chicken salad for awhile, ever since I made greek yogurt egg salad (see here), but there are so many delicious things to create that I got sidetracked! Let me tell you, I'm so happy I made this. It's delicious, and absolutely packed with protein - you won't be hungry for a long time after. And for my husband (who has an aversion to cold food during meals), this chicken salad tastes great heated up on toasted bread as well. You can eat it sandwich style, or if you're avoiding carbohydrates, add it to a big salad for a big protein boost.

All you need is 4 ingredients: chicken breast, dried cranberries, pecans, and greek yogurt. Could it get any easier? Let's get down to business.








Greek Yogurt Cranberry & Pecan Chicken Salad

1 tbsp olive oil

1 pound chicken breast

1/2 cup dried cranberries

3/4 cups pecans, roughly chopped

1 six oz. container of greek yogurt (I used Fage 2%)

Salt and pepper to taste


Directions

1. Add olive oil to a a medium to large skillet; heat oil over low-medium heat

2. Add chicken breast and cook until chicken is tender but cooked through

3. Remove chicken and place on a separate plate

4. Shred chicken. Add cranberries, pecans, yogurt, salt, and pepper. Stir until thoroughly combined

5. Chill in the refrigerator, or enjoy immediately - it's up to you! 


I hope you'll enjoy this chicken salad recipe. It's so easy and really good for you. It doesn't get much better than this!




~R





I'd love to connect with you! Join me on facebook or bloglovin.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts here!