Friday, November 22, 2013

The Lulu App: Female revenge?

Thanks to my mother in law, I happened to come across this article about the new Lulu app today, which you can use to "rate" men. I have to admit, I wasn't sure what to think about it at first. My first thought was that this rating of men is sort of demeaning. Can you imagine what would happen if somebody created an app like this for rating women? Which led me to think....is this just female revenge and backlash against being objectified day in and day out? It's certainly alluded to in the article, where Sewell Powell is quoted: “I think sometimes girls feel like they don’t have that much power in the hookup world.”

That being said, do two wrongs make a right? 


Also, I'm incredibly skeptical about the "behavior-changing" potential of implementing this app. Sure, some guys would change - but most likely for the short term, just to get dates and to up their ratings. We all know it's not that easy to "change" people...please. 

What do you think? Is Lulu just meaningless revenge, or could it actually be useful? 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts here!