Inspired by the Fage website, I made these zucchini fritters - they're topped (of course) with a generous dollop of Fage 2%!
I omitted a few things (cilantro and peppers), but you can find the link to the original recipe here.
These fritters are really very easy and quick to put together. All you really need is one large bowl and a cutting board to prep everything - ideal for tired residents/fellows. I normally come home from the hospital ready to eat, but even I was able to hold off until these were done. Did I mention how delicious these smell while cooking?! Good thing they only need a few minutes on the stovetop.
Zucchini Fritters with Fage
2 spring onions
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1/4 cup bread crumbs
1 egg (beaten)
1/4 cup strong, farmhouse cheddar cheese, grated
1/4 tsp kosher salt
freshly ground pepper to taste
2/3 cup Fage yogurt (you pick, 0%, 2%, Total - can't go wrong)
1. Grate zucchini and squeeze out extra water, place in mixing bowl
2. Chop shallot and onions
3. Fry shallot and onions until translucent
4. Remove from heat, add to mixing bowl
5. Add egg, bread crumbs, cheese, salt, and pepper
6. Form into patties (makes approximately 4)
7. Fry patties over medium heat, turning a few times until cooked through
8. Top with a generous dollop of Fage yogurt
*The only thing I want to note is that this recipe makes only 4 fritters. If you want more bang for your buck, just double the recipe.
I hope you'll give these a try - let me know how they turn out!